I think I just went into sugar shock heaven! On my list of to-dos!
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE SANDWICH
…with peanut butter buttercream.
I only recently discovered the NY Times chocolate chip cookie recipe, which exploded all over the blogosphere nearly two years ago. I can’t say this recipe is worth the 24 hr “marinating” time and the two different flours, but they still came out delicious!
The problem with baking cookies however, is that half the batter never makes it to the cookie sheet…
1 (18.25 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
3/4 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
1 to 1 1/3 cups maraschino cherry juice, or as needed
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
Oven Fried Onion Rings
- 1 pound chicken breast, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1.5 tsp. garlic powder (or 3 cloves, minced)
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 2 cans (15.5oz each) white kidney beans
- 1 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth
- 2 cans (4 oz each) chopped green chilies
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup half and half
- In a large saucepan saute the chicken, onion and garlic in oil, over med. heat, until chicken is cooked through.
- Add beans, broth, chilies, and spices. Bring to a simmer.
- Add sour cream and half and half just before serving. Heat up but do not bring to a boil or it may separate.
* I often substitute the white kidney beans for butter beans for a richer flavour.
* If you are in a pinch you can chop up some canned jalepenos in place of the green chilies, but only put in half the amount.
* If you do not have enough broth, use enough water to substitute and add some chicken bouillon.
* You can sub half whipping cream and half milk for the half and half. I have also made it before with regular milk and soy milk. Tastes just fine it’s just a little more soupy.
* This is not one of those chili’s that you want to have simmering on the stove all day. I would not let it simmer for longer then 30 min. or it will loose most of it’s flavour.